Monday, June 10, 2013

What is the difference between a rice cooker and a crock pot?

electric crock pot
 on Crock-Pot SCCPBC600S Slow Cooker, 6 Qt. - Electrics - Kitchen - Macy's
electric crock pot image



guaca_lamo


My mom thought I was talking about a rice steamer, but I actually have a "rice cooker" from black and decker and it looks just like a crock pot! . . .and I kind of want to use it as one!


Answer
A Rice Cooker is ..

is a self-contained electrical appliance, used primarily for cooking rice.
some people call it a rice steamer but it is actually the same thing. It is high temprature so you can make foods in less time.

A Crock Pot Is ..

an electric cooker that maintains a low temperature to cook food for a long period of hours.

also my uncle Mike is a crock pot according to my aunt betty !



No comments:

Post a Comment